Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Ministry - FA tensions heighten

Nii Lantey Vanderpuye
The undercurrents between Ghana's Sports Ministry and its Football Association are bubbling once more following the failure of the Black Satellites to qualify for the U20 AFCON.

Sector minister Nii Lantey Vanderpuye told the media on Monday that the Ghana FA wanted him to okay what appears to be payments to have assisted the national U20 team gain qualification to the tournament in Zambia.

As it happened, Ghana crashed out at the hands of Senegal at the Cape Coast Stadium. According to the Minister, he refused to engage in whatever requests were made from him. The Minister will not say exactly what the requests were but said he was not ready to be involved in any “scandalous”.

“I don’t want to reveal things on air. I don’t want to say certain things on the radio. I don’t know the kind of motivation the Black Satellites management committee member is talking about,” he told Adom TV.

"We gave them all they needed. We allowed them to choose their own hotel and made sure they felt very comfortable. I don’t know why he will come out to say the Ministry didn’t motivate the players."

"As I said I don’t want to say some things on air. I want him to come out and tell me the exact motivation he is talking about."

“The FA during the game against Senegal wanted me to do things which I refused. I stated clearly to them that I will not be involved in certain acts. And so I refused to do those things which they asked me to do during the game against Senegal."

“I don’t agree with people who are saying the referee was biased. Although some of his calls were questionable I think he was fair."

The Satellites failed to qualify for the African Youth Championship for the first time since 2007.




Source.supersport.com

No comments:

Post a Comment