Sunday, July 3, 2016

Novak Djokovic suffers shocking exit against Sam Querrey

Novak Djokovic crashes out of Wimbledon
Novak Djokovic has been eliminated from Wimbledon after American Sam Querrey produced a superb performance against the reigning Wimbledon Champion.

Querrey led by two sets on Friday after the match was suspended overnight due to rain.







Sam Querrey hands reigning Wimbledon champions Novak Djokovic 

Sam Querrey on Saturday lost the third set to Djokovic on Sarturday, the first on the day as the game continued from Friday.

The American however came back strong to win the fourth set, causing a major upset in this year’s Wimbledon.

Querrey recorded a 7-6 (8-6) 6-1 3-6 7-6 (7-5) third round win on Saturday against Serbia international Novak Djokovic.

Novac Djokovic is out of this year's Wimbledon. (PA)

Novak Djokovic is the current holder of all four major titles in the sport. He was on a 30-game unbeaten run at the Grand Slams ahead of the tie with Sam Querrey.

Sam Querrey said after his superb victory on Saturday:

"It's incredible, especially to do it here at Wimbledon.

"I'm so ecstatic, so happy. I played the break points well and every time he had a break point I was able to come up with a big serve.

"He came out and got the first four games, fortunately for me we had another rain delay and I got to regroup. I'm just taking it one round at a time, I'm not even sure who I'm playing next."



source.pulse.com.gh

No comments:

Post a Comment